Online searches led to daijiworld, Times of India and IBNLive.
The attack happened on Saturday and daijiworld says that the local authorities did not take the incident seriously until it caught the attention of national media.
The self styled moral police acting this time under the name of Sri Ram Sena entered into a pub and molested/physically abused the women on the premises. The pub owner in an interview on NDTV said that his waiters tried to stop the miscreants, but were unsuccessful.
The abusers have attributed various reasons for this attack:
1. they beat up young girls for "violating traditional Indian norms"
2. they forcibly entered the pub claiming unethical activities were on inside.
3. alleged that the pub owner was allowing the boys and girls to dance in an "obscene manner"
4. Prasad Attavar, State Deputy Convener of the Sri Ram Sena said that it was a spontaneous reaction against women, who flouted traditional Indian norms of decency.
5. got into an altercation with the women customers saying they were dressed indecently.
6. because of the attitude of the young women
7. accused the women of "involving themselves in immoral activities, including consuming alcohol, dressing indecently, and mixing with youths of other faith"
The questions that beg to be asked are:
1. Who the hell is the Sri Ram Sena or any other group of individuals to decide what Indian norms of decency are?
2. What gives them the right to impose their ideals on anyone else?
3. What gives them the right to physically harm anyone else?
Traditional Indian norms also say that women should be treated like Goddesses. But it seems that the moral brigade today has decided that Indian women should behave like Goddesses, if not they will treat them worse than animals/slaves!
Unfortunately these hooligans will be soon let go and we may see them being hailed as the "saviors of Indian culture" and we may even find them contesting elections pretty soon!
Most news sites state The ugly incident has a murky dimension also with leaders of Sri Rama Sene and Bajrang Dal, another pro-Hindu organisation fighting to take CREDIT for the attack in the name of punishing those going against "traditional Indian norms".
What is our country sinking to? Hooligans and goondas have free rein over our country: Whether it is attacking art halls where they do not approve of a particular artists creative expression, attacking movie theaters when they don't like the subject being tackled in a movie being screened, rampaging bookshops which sell books whose author they do not approve of, burning public buses and trains when mud spatter is found on a statue, the list is endless.
Everytime, they go scot free. It is the honest, law abiding, tax paying citizen of India who is perpetually held to ransom by these miscreants in the name of "protecting Indian culture".
The Hindu reports Ten alleged activists of Sri Ram Sene were arrested and produced before a magistrate in connection with Saturday’s attack on a pub in Hampankatta area here.
The accused have been identified as Subhash Padil, Raghavendra Pai, Subhash, Harish Kumar, Jeevan, Kirtan Raj Shetty, Sharath Padavinangadi, Dinesh, Vinod and Nitesh. The legal adviser of Sri Ram Sena Dinakar Shetty, who is believed to have led the attack, is absconding, according to the Mangalore North police.When will our politicians wake up from their apathy and take stern actions against these inbred terrorists who have unleashed their own brand of terror against the aam aadmi? (ordinary Indian citizens)
We are tired of empty words, we need to see some action being taken against people whose agenda is to destroy the very fabric of society that holds us together.